Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Thomas' 200 word Self Introduction Speech and/or Blog Post

Hi! My name is Thomas and I was born on an Indian reservation in Oklahoma during the  last years of what is called the Baby boomer generation. Although I love all of my brothers and sisters nowadays, back then it seems that we fought and argued a lot - at least until I was about 14 years old. That’s my life changed in a big way for the better.


As a child, my life was not so wonderful. My mother had 6 children and when I was 7, my dad decided that he didn’t want to be a dad any more. Yea, we were poor, so poor that I sometimes had to eat peanut butter for dinner and didn’t see my mom nearly as much as I would have like to. She seemed always to be working or driving my other brothers and sisters to gymnastics practice. Nevertheless, she was and awesome mom.


At the age of 14, I somehow got me into a private high school and that’s when my life began to change for the better. With role models and a structured environment, I realized that I was not only very athletic, but also very intelligent. When I graduated high school, I was first in my class.


From there, I began to travel and I eventually settled in Taiwan. Although I do not have a huge amount of money, I have everything I need and as far as I am concerned, my journey is just beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment